Friday, June 4, 2010

A Passing

I haven't lost many people in my life. Honestly, I don't remember losing anyone in my life other than my grandpa, many years ago. Today marks a sad date. For the first time I have lost someone in my life.

I’m at a complete loss. I can still hear his voice. I can still hear his motorcycle pull up to the house. I can still hear his uproarious laughter bouncing off the walls.

I'll never forget the last few moments I had with him, outside of the hospital. He came over one night and played with the boys in Carson's room. He would hug me and squeeze me so tight saying, "We don't do this enough." We didn't. But it's still good to have that memory. I'll always cherish that moment.

We knew it was coming. It wasn't like this shocking, unexpected death. Still when you take it all in, floods of emotions pour. We can never take one moment for granted. Always live your life to it's fullest, and love like crazy. Keep your faith in God, believe in him and know there is a reason for everything.

RIP Uncle Eddie. We miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment