Friday, August 6, 2010

Time For An Update!

Well this pregnancy is most definitely much different. Different like different baby, yes. Different like different gender, I have NO idea! And yes I want this baby to be a girl, so it may be wishful thinking that this pregnancy is so different. But here is whats going on..

I'm 15 weeks (as of Aug. 5)

Morning Sickness: Morning shouldn't even be the word. I swear I'm a mess from the time I wake up til the time I go to bed. I feel starving and crave food like crazy, but by the time I slave away in the kitchen standing over my food for so long, I feel nauseated at the site of it when I'm finally though cooking it! I can't even brush my teeth without feeling like I'm going to vomit. I seriously gag just brushing my teeth, it's awful. Luckily, I'm not actually puking, but I feel like I could all day long.

Fitting in my jeans: It's just not happening. Not anymore. I'm not huge by any means, I weighed 109 lbs at my last doctor appointment, but I can't button my pants anymore. Some of them I can, but the muffin top just isn't cute. So I'm struggling with clothes now, maternity clothes swallow me and look ridiculous .. although I plan on checking out the maternity store soon, and my clothes make me look like a chubby teenager. Not happening either.

Weight Gain: Since I've mentioned it already, I'll go ahead and go with it. I weighed 109 as of July 29th, which means I have finally gained weight. 4 lbs to be exact over the past 14 weeks.

Sleep: My sleep is all whack. I'm not kidding. It takes me forever to fall asleep. I toss and turn 5,000 times before I ever get comfortable, which I probably never do, I probably just give up and pass out, I'm not sure. But, then by the time I wake up at like 12pm the next day, I'm still so tired. And I'm not exaggerating.

Cravings: Oh my goodness FOOD. I crave cheeseburgers, deviled eggs, bacon, grilled cheese sandwiches, and Waffle House hash browns with extra cheese. And now I'm starving writing this. And I'm not lying when I say, I fall asleep thinking about food and literally have dreamed about food at night. I wake up thinking about food and then feel so nauseated I can hardly eat it, but eventually I do of course :)

Gender preference: I obviously want a girl. But, there are just some mean people in this world that think my husband and I are incapable of having a girl .. therefore (somewhat out of spite) and for the fact that Brandon doesn't want to know, we're still leaning towards not finding out. My big ultrasound (and probably only ultrasound .. other than the 6 week one) is on September 2nd. I'm debating on whether I should take one of those intelligender test just out of curiosity, but only tell if it says girl .. to those meanies obviously. The suspense is killing me.

My body: I hurt all the way from my lower back to my neck. I feel like this baby is spreading my body out or something. It's doing something I know that, because my body aches and it's so sore! I have no idea what's going on with that, but it will be something I ask my doctor about because I'm sure she can tell me some reason in some kind of doctor language I probably won't be able to understand. But whatever, I'll ask.

Peeing: Yeah I said it .. Peeing. I pee every 15 minutes when I'm home. I guess it's like having a UTI minus the pain, burning, and itching. That probably sounds weird. But, I probably pee more than that anyway. I take a sip of drink, I have to pee. I don't drink anything, I still have to pee. I drink a cup of drink or more at a restaurant, drive-thru whatever, and I'm dying to get to a bathroom. It's annoying. I wake up to pee 2-3 times during the night to pee before actually getting up, and yes I pee before going to bed. Like I said, it's annoying! Oh but baby on my bladder, or wherever you are in there, I do love you.

Breathing: Okay so it's hot. I mean HOT here in NC, as it probably is everywhere else I suppose in the US .. but pregnant and hot does not go good together. And getting hot does not help my nausea. I get dizzy, I have short blackout spells, and I can't breath. I feel like a fat person that gets short of breath just walking 10 feet. It's great. So basically, I wear the least amount of clothes I possibly can when I'm at home. Which usually consists of a t-shirt and underwear. I really should invest in some curtains and better door knobs, because around here people apparently don't care whether you want to be comfy in your underwear, or maybe even have sex .. because they don't knock .. EVER. And when I go out, I try to wear the least amount of clothes without looking like a pregnant teenager hoe bag that doesn't know her baby daddy.

I know that was a lot of complaining to take in, if you even got this far .. but luckily I have this baby to blame, so my husband doesn't even question me when I'm SCREAMING at the top of my lungs over something crazy, or just laying on the couch in my underwear at noon non-showered. Thank God he understands. Too bad I won't have a blame when I have a 4 year old, 2 year old and newborn. I guess they will be my excuse! :)

Not to forget, my 14 week baby doctor appointment went good. Baby's heart beat sounded good and was at 153. It drives me crazy trying to decide whether baby is a girl or boy by it's heart beat because Carson and Jackson's was usually in the 140's. They say girls are usually higher but is 153 really that high? Who knows! And really what do "they" know? I guess we will find out January 27th or sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment