Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hampton Trace Lee is Here!!!

The past 24 hours have been rather eventful, surprising and now emotional!

I started to get ready for bed last night thinking I would be awaiting a call from the hospital to come in and be induced. I got the boys in bed, got everything cleaned up, Brandon fell asleep and I started to get ready to go to bed around 11pm.

I got in bed and couldn't get to sleep, at about 11:45 I started noticing my first contraction. They weren't awfully painful yet I was worried they would pick up so I couldn't really get to sleep.

I attempted to tell Brandon yet he barely rolled over off the couch!!

Typical man, right?

I loaded some firewood in the burner, yes during contractions. And finally proceeded to get to sleep around 1:45am. That's the last contraction I remember having before falling asleep.

I woke up around 6:45am, close to 7am having a really strong contraction. Waited and had another one and jumped out of bed. I told Brandon I was going to try and get a shower but I was in labor. He said, "Good I need 45 more minutes of sleep, I didn't sleep too good last night". Really Brandon?

I got in the shower, got ready, did a little laundry, and made the bed .. All while in labor having contractions.

I called Brandon's dad and had him come sit at the house while the boys slept and we headed to the hospital. After Brandon stopped by the store and got breakfast!!! Yes I sat in the truck in labor while he ran inside to get us breakfast.

I made a few fast phone calls to my mom and sister on the way and made it to the hospital around 8:15am.

We slowly walked in. I was contracting about every two to three minutes apart. And walking in the hospital.

Me and Brandon got in and got checked in. Paper work after paper work. Signed paper after paper and waited for them to clean me a room.

I finally got to the room and couldn't hardly stand to take my clothes off. I swear everyone must have thought I was being a wuss because I wasn't taken too seriously. But when I finally got on the bed in the labor room and was checked I was dilated to a 9!!

I heard the nurse call the doctor saying I was at a 9 1/2! Then got me hooked to an IV and started a round of antibiotics since I was group-B positive. It took 15 minutes to get the antibiotics in. I was rechecked and at 10.

She checked me and said I had no cervix! Then called the doctor to come break my water. Which luckily hadn't broke on it's own since if it had baby would have came out a lot earlier!

He came in, broke my water and said, "Let's have this baby in two pushes."

Did I mention there was obviously no time for an epidural!!!!

Two very painful pushes later out came little man!!

Hampton Trace Lee
6lbs and 13oz
21 inches long

We are both doing very well and hopefully will be able to go home tomorrow.

He is also breastfeeding really well.

And I miss my other three boys at home terribly, as they miss mama! I got a very sad I miss you mama call from Carson and Jackson that completely broke my heart!! I can't wait to see them again tomorrow and hopefully go home with them!

I'm not sure how to add pics from my phone to my blog yet .. So I may have to wait til I get home and put them on the computer. But of course I will!!


  1. AWWWW!! You totally just made me bawl my eyes out. I'm so happy for you. :)

  2. Congrats! I Can't wait to see pictures!